Being bad never tasted so good!
Coal Krispie Treats
It is somewhat of a Christmas tradition that good little boys and girls get gifts, and the not so good ones get lumps of coal. Well, this is a new twist on that dreaded lump of coal. It easy to make, cheap, and can be given as a gift to just about anyone! Plus everyone will ask where you got it and imagine their reaction when you get to tell them that you made them yourself!
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows or 30 large marshmallows
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (leave the filling in the cookies)
- 4 – 10 drops black gel food coloring (enough to turn the marshmallows black. The amount will depend based on the brand you use).
1. In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, heat your marshmallows and butter for 60-90 seconds. Until the butter and marshmallow are melted.
2. Stir your marshmallows and mix in your food coloring until you achieve the desired color.
3. Now mix in your rice cereal and the crushed Oreo cookies. Use a heavy metal spoon as it is quite hard to stir all of the
4. Let sit for about 5 minutes until your marshmallows cool down
5. Use a tablespoon to scoop out your treats onto a piece of parchment paper.
6. Let cool for 20 – 30 minutes.
7. Pack your treats a little more tightly by using your hands.
The final product will be harder, denser, and drier than your traditional Rice Krispies treats, but the Oreos will make it more flavorful.